woensdag 13 juli 2016

My Daisy Convention 2016 loot; goodie bag and prizetable items and more.......

With the convention coming up, I had a bit of a job, trying to figure out everything that was needed.
I was so lucky Ralph sorted everything with the hotel and the restaurants.
Still we had been writing out 4 competitions, so that meant we would need prizes for 4 competitions.
At another doll group someone mentioned it was possible to make doll sized t-shirts with iron on transfers, and of course that inspired me.
(Remember all those lovely t-shirts the Pippa ladies get each year at the convention, made by Peg?)
I had to find a t-shirt pattern for Daisy, and see if I could make t-shirts with the convention logo too.
With my first t-shirt, I ironed a bit too long (as it was only a very small transfer, you don't have to iron as long as mentioned in the manual), but it was well enough to feel confident to make more t-shirts.
So I had a bit of fun with that, and I will make more of them, also of previous conventions, in the near future.




One of the attendees bought these as a goodie bag gift.

So we're at the goodie bags, Vicky did a wonderful job on making reusable bags for us:


I made some laminated labels to personalise the bags, and have them ready for the next conventions......

Here are pictures of all the wonderful donations that were in it:

postcard, stickers and badges by Lyndsey, Daisy colouring book & pencils by Ralph, laminated picture by Michelle from NZ, and copies of selected pages from a Mary Quant catalogue by Michelle S.

2 Daiso outfits by Jillian, 3 charms and necklace on the left by Helen and selected ribbons and trims and accesories by Cendi

hat and 2 beaded coathangers by Laila, the matching outfit is the OOAK summer outfit swap I got from her, and the shoes were in a package of shoes I got off the prize table from Helen. The pink dress is donated by Janet, and the checked bag, necklace and crochet scarf are from Veronica

blue jacket and tartan pants donated by Elaine, necklace and dilly bag donated by Ingie, t-shirt donated by Jo, skirt extra donation to the convention doll team from Donna Maree, rest of the pink/green/white outfit donated by Donna Maree, shoes part of the shoes I got off the prize table from Helen.

mug donated by Helene and me, fridgemagnet donated by Christine.
For the competition winners there were also prizes:

for the first prize winners I made up a bag with the convention logo and selected fabrics, felt, trimming and beads
For the second and third prize winners, there were either smaller bags with a package of printed felt and selected ribbons or a pencilcase with logo:


As I was lucky enough to win 2 pencilcases, I was allowed to swap one of them for a prize off the prize table:

a selection of fabric and a lovely hat, made and donated by Laila
And of course there were the prizes from the quiz and the prize raffle:

these dolls and their outfits were already in my possession, but they were making a run for the shoes of the prize table (from Helen) and two of them managed to put their hands on the necklaces I got from Veronica


postcards for each attendee, Ralph gave us a belt, and Ingie came with these lovely Sinamay hats to decorate. I also got a wallet and keyring, a package of Karina accesories from Veronica and a package of Barbie shoes and purses from Ingie. The box with the little cards were my prize from the quiz (I came second this year)
I also got some pretty fabrics from the fabric swap:


My little Rebel would like to show off her prize:


A BIG Thank You to everyone who donated. Your generosity is much appreciated!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten